Frequently asked questions
1. How old do I need to be to rent a vehicle through Win Rental Cars?
The minimum age to rent a vehicle is 21 years old for all car categories, except SUV, 7-SEAT, 9-SEAT, GROUP E, where the driver must be at least 25 years old, on pick up date. For car groups explanation please visit our 'Fleet' page. Drivers under the age of 25 have to buy an extra insurance with an additioanl charge.
2. How long do I need to have obtained my driving license to be able to rent with Win Rental Cars?
The renter must hold a valid European Driving License or an International Driving Permit, issued at least one calendar year prior to rental date. All drivers (including any additional drivers) must hold a “valid” driver’s license as well.
IMPORTANT – Further restrictions may apply dependent on driver age and type of vehicle. Please refer to the FAQ’s - Question 1 ‘How old do I need to be to rent a vehicle through Win Rental Cars?’ for further information.
3. What proof of identification (ID) and/or documentation do I need to present when collecting the vehicle?
A valid driving license for all declared drivers -issued at least one calendar year prior to pick up date. Non Romanized Driving licenses or originating from countries not part of the European Union, must be accompanied by an International Driving Permit and an official translation. Renters comping from countries not parted in the European Union, must hold any valid - government issued - secondary form of Identification such as a passport.
4. Can I return the vehicle outside of working hours?
Win Rental Cars can offer an out of hours pick up/drop off service with an additional charge of 20€ inc. VAT (per service).
5. When is an extended day charged?
All rental rates are calculated on a 24 hour base. Only when a rental exceeds a cycle of 24 hours will any additional day(s) charge apply.
6. What if I return my rented vehicle with any latency on drop off date or time?
In case of late return of the car, please give a call us. Same condition for any latency on pick up time or date.
7. What are the Terms and Conditions for renting a vehicle through Win Rental Cars?
To view our full terms and conditions please click on our Terms and Conditions link.
8. Is smoking permitted in the vehicle?
Win Rental Cars operates on a strict non-smoking policy in all of our vehicles. We will enforce a special cleaning charge to the renter if a returned vehicle requires special treatment to remove any evidence of smoking.
9. Who is responsible for parking fines / traffic offenses?
The renter of the vehicle is solely responsible for any traffic offense, fines and related administration fees incurred during their rental period ans has the obligation to inform our representative as well.
10. Can someone else other than myself drive the vehicle?
Yes, but the additional driver must be declared on the rental contract with an additional daily charge to be paid locally. The second driver must also provide his/her valid driving license as well issued at least one year prior the rental date. This can be done at any Win Rental Cars location throughout the rental period.
11. Can I book a vehicle and pay for it even if I will not be the person who picks up and drives it?
We regret to inform you that the credit card has been used for the payment must be in the name of the driver
12. Can I return the vehicle to a different location?
Yes you can! There will be no charge if these locations are Heraklion Airport or Hersonisos. For other availiable locations there is an extra charge from 10 to 40 euros.
13. What is the Fuel Policy?
There are two options
1: "Full to Empty" prepay the fuel, different amount depending on the category, and thats it! You can return the car without looking for a gas station.
2: "Same to same" you should return the vehicle with fuel as much as when you received it. If the fuel is less you will have to pay the difference and you will be charged a refueling fee.
14. What if I want to extend my rental?
Extensions can be requested by calling our Contact Centre at: +306980692965, +302816008350